Monday, April 27, 2015

Stitch Fix #1

I signed up for Stitch Fix about 3 weeks ago. I have been wanting to do it for MONTHS, but I needed to lose the baby weight before I could justify spending money on a new wardrobe. While I still have some weight to go, I figured I was close enough in my shirt size to go ahead with Stitch Fix, plus I'm wanting to expand on my jewelry/accessory collection so I excitedly rushed to the computer and scheduled my Fix.

It was the LONGEST 2.5 weeks for it to arrive.

And then it showed up 2 days EARLY!!!

Here it is in all it's glory!!! The personalized note, the 5 pieces, style cards, and the nice little "invoice". 
*Please note I know reading Stitch Fix Reviews are a lot more fun when the clothes are on a person and not a hanger. That was the plan with this post, but life and lack of sleep got the better of me.



19 Cooper Rover Abstract Print Zip Back Blouse $58

This top is not something I would normally gravitate to in a store, I don't do lots of prints. Which is one of the main reasons I was so excited to do Stitch Fix. I do love the pattern and the back is slightly lower than the front, which is nice. However, I tried it on without an undershirt and it was almost too short in the front (for my comfort level anyway). Than I tried it on with an Old Navy Tank Top which gave me a little extra length for comfort in the front. This shirt is so versatile too, I can wear it under a cardigan, with white shorts, or just plain old blue jeans. I actually think I can get a lot of use out of this top so it's a keeper. 

Status: Kept


Update: Here is how I wore it the other day. I really like it with a cardigan. Unfortunately I only have black cardigans. I would be interested to see what it looks like with other colors. Also not a great iphone picture, but I will have more later as this is the outfit I wore to take family pictures in.



Market & Spruce Colibri Paisley Print Sleeveless Top $44
I asked in my note to my stylists for a floral piece, however this is NOT what I had in mind. The color is not me, the print is not me, the cut isn't horrible, and the fabric is super soft. It also fit perfectly, the front was a great length, the back was a great length. Did I mention that the fabric is super comfy and soft? But I HATE the pattern. The real turn off is that I could see my Mother-In-Law wearing something very similar to this. Which is great, she always looks great, but definitely not my style.

Status: SENT BACK

Gilli Gabbiey Sleeveless Maxi Dress $74I love the idea of Maxi's, I really do. I want one, I want to wear one. However, every time I get or try one on it's very similar to this one. It fits GREAT on top, and then the empire waist just kind of makes me think maternity clothes. In fact I have a few maxi's in my closet very similar to this one, that cost a fraction of the price, and never get worn. There may be a maxi out there for me, (I really do hope there is), this one is not it though.

Status: SENT BACK





Ivy + Blu Gracelle Faux Wrap Dress $108

I have NOTHING good to say about this dress. I tried it on and almost instantly aged 10 years. Just no. 

Status: SENT BACK


Bancroft Valley Oval Strand Necklace $38
I specifically said that I did not like Statement Necklaces that I wanted something simple to add to my very non-existent jewelry collection. I kind of thought this necklace was way more on the statement necklace side, than the simple necklace side. My stylist suggested I pair it with the Wrap Dress so that is why it is pictured with the wrap dress. While they look fine together not my cup of tea.

Status: SENT BACK




Overall Thoughts:
I'm not going to lie. Overall, my box was very disappointing. I almost wanted to cry. I had a really good Pinterest Board that not only had stuff I liked, it had stuff that I liked that was from Stitch Fix. I kind of expected at least one piece from my pin board to be in the box. Instead, I felt like I got a box for someone about 10 years older than I am. For my next Fix I'm going to request a specific dress, and maybe be a little more specific in my note to my stylist. (I had actually asked for a Kimono too, and didn't see that in there). Still I'm going to give it another try.

After my super happy review of my box if you would like to give Stitch Fix a try please use my link to get signed up. (I will get a $25 credit after you get your first Fix).

What are your thoughts on my box?

See my other fix reviews:

Stitch Fix #2


2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog from a picture of one of your tops on Pinterest. I was disappointed with my most recent fix. I only kept one thing because one of the items was damaged and they sent me a bag that was NOT what I would have picked (and had a weird smell). Just be sure to be REALLY specific in the reviews and the boxes will get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honest and detailed feedback is definitely a must! I received my 2nd fix and the "style" was just so much better than the first. There were still some pieces that were just a miss. But I did keep 2 pieces and love them both. Hopefully your next one will make up for your last one. :)

      Delete