Monday, May 18, 2015

Stitch Fix #2


Even with my not so great start to Stitch Fix I am completely addicted to it. I don't know what I find so appealing about it. I look forward to my next fix almost as much as I look forward to Christmas. Maybe it's the process I'm in love with, or the clothes, or the idea of having a personal stylist pick out clothes. Lord knows I don't have the time to shop, let alone stay on top of the latest fashion trends.

I'll do a post on my "process" soon.

If you don't know what Stitch Fix is you can go on their website and find out more. Basically you sign up, fill out a style profile, and schedule your first fix. I actually recommend just jumping in and scheduling it. I thought about it for MONTHS before I actually bit the bullet. Granted I was pregnant at the time (they do offer maternity styling now which they didn't just the short time ago I was pregnant), and then I was waiting to lose the "baby weight". I lost some not all, but figured I could ask for shirts and accessories since I do think I'm at a point that if I lost the weight my size Mediums would just look better, not be too big. Does that even make sense? Also, if you use my link I will get a small referral credit and I would very much appreciate it!

Now on to the part you are really here for! The "fashion show"!

Pixley Abi Color block Maxi Dress   $88


I actually requested this maxi. I'm trying to bring out my inner girl and start dressing a little more "girly". I love the colors, and the fabric is so soft and lightweight. 
KEPT

Tart Latasha Cut Out Detail Knit Top  $54 


I fell in LOVE with this shirt. Yes, it's super boring and normal tshirt in the front and than BAM there's a nice little surprise in the back. But the material is SUPER SOFT. Like for real, soft. I'm not going to lie though the price tag on this shirt was way more than I would normally spend on a shirt like this, but my closet needed a cute "go to" casual shirt. So I went with it. Plus it will look fantastic with white shorts. If I can find some. :) 
KEPT

Pixley Brook Dot Print Tie-Waist Top  $44


I actually really wanted to like this shirt. I had pinned a long sleeved polka dot shirt similar to this one (which my stylist actually did mention). I also thought the tie-front could add something fun and different to my closet. But when I tried it on it was just ok. Also I worried about the front being a little too short. I do like my shirts longer than most people so that is why you see it with a tank underneath. And the back looks really cute. I don't know if it didn't tie in the front if I would still not love it, but it was a no for me. 
SENT BACK

Pink Martini Wilson Printed Dress $88


So when I saw the style card for this I thought "that's pretty". I don't know that I do "pretty". It's cute in the front and back, but the top did bunch up a little bit around the neck. Also, the white on my "neon white" skin didn't really do anything to change my mind. On the plus side it had pockets. But yeah, just wasn't me. But I did appreciate the "branching out" of my comfort zone. 
SENT BACK

Mavi Joya Cuffed Denim Short $88


Ummm...No. Everything about these shorts was just no.Which I was actually a little relieved because in no universe do I want to spend $88 on a pair of shorts...EVER. My biggest fear was that they were going to turn my super white, "meaty" legs into nice, tanned, Carrie Underwood legs. Lucky for my wallet that didn't happen, and they did even worse to my backside which is why that picture is not on here. Denim shorts just don't work for me. Hopefully, I will get some Cargos in my next fix and I will find my self tanning lotion. ;)
SENT BACK 


Overall Thoughts on Fix #2

Overall I was really pleased with this fix. My stylist was Megan and she did look at my pinterest board and actually got some ideas from it. I love the pieces I kept and have already worn both of them. I didn't request to keep the same stylist though. I feel like I can always request her later on, but that I should try a few before deciding to stick to one. I will let you know how that turns out. My next fix is already scheduled and I can't wait to get it. 

If interested you can follow my Stitch Fix Board.

See my other Stitch Fix Reviews:



No comments:

Post a Comment